So I love to read more than anything, as long as it isn’t a chore.
Here are some books all about Law, Crime and the world of Justice… but before I start I have to say a huge thank you to my Best Friend and Partner in Crime, Sofe!
This is a list made up of both fiction and non-fiction.
- Conviction: The Murder Trial That Powered Thurgood Marshall’s Fight for Civil Rights by Denver Nicks and John Nicks
- A powerful book for a powerful man, there are a range of books about Justice Thurgood but this is my favourite
- The Big Book of Serial Killers by Jack Rosewood
- It’s not every day you find a big book of nightmares. Amazing writing and a chapter dedicated to each suspect. It’s great to read but it’s also perfect to reference.
- Denial: Holocaust History on Trial by Deborah E. Lipstadt
- This is an amazing book (for those who don’t like reading the movie is on Netflix now) about a Defamation case, the inner workings of the British Judicial System not to mention a history-altering Judgment from Justice Gray
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- We all love and need a classic in our lives and like the previous, the Robert Downey Jr Movies are available on Netflix now if you just can’t be bothered to pick up the books
- The Adventures of Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie
- Another classic, but this time the collection is written by a woman #girlpower. I have a genetic predisposition to love anything and everything by Agatha Christie. It’s a family must have and I’m happy and proud to say that I have it and I love it.
- Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates by Kerry Greenwood
- A newly written but classically set crime drama series that was televised and made available on Netflix. Australia in the roaring twenties… who doens’t want to read that?
Let me know in the comments below which book you love and which book you want to read next.